Meetup in Iowa City for Global Sprint Weekend
Join us on Saturday, January 17 from 9:00am-5:00pm in Room B of the Iowa City Public Library (map) for a Drupal sprint as part of Global Sprint Weekend.
Bring your laptop and a willingness to work on Drupal issues. We can find tasks for every skill set and skill level.
Everyone is welcome, people new to Drupal or experienced devs, any ages. Bring your laptop. There will be help for setting up local development environments.
What is a sprint?
A sprint is getting people together for a set amount of time – usually one to two days – and just working on some aspect of Drupal. Ideally, participants will learn from others as they go, and the goal is either to get some specific work done, mentor new contributors, or both. We choose to gather in a sprint format because:
- It's fun - sometimes it is nice to have some camaraderie while working.
- It's satisfying - the group can see the progress that was made at the end of the sprint.
- It's a good way to get a focused task done (though some sprints are more general and some are more focused).
- Participants can get their questions answered immediately instead of waiting for an answer in an issue queue.
- Participants can learn from each other.
Who should sprint?
Everyone! There are lots of roles that people can take in sprints. Here are some of the typical roles for sprints, along with tips on how you can get yourself ready to participate.
Preparing for Global Sprint Weekend
The DrupalHawks group will having a meetup on December 3, 2014 to help prepare local development environments for Global Sprint Weekend. Details about this meetup are available at https://groups.drupal.org/node/448403.